Monday 24 August 2015

My Weekend

This weekend I didn't take any photos..eeep! bad blogger! On Friday night some friends and myself went out for a fancy dinner at Bistro Guillaume at Crown. We planned this dinner a while ago while Masterchef was on, and decided to treat ourselves to a fancy dinner. 

I had never been to Bistro Guillaume but I have ate at The Atrium and Rockpool also in Crown. We had heard about mixed reviews of the restaurants from review websites, but all the reviews i had received from people I know were positive. Thankfully, our experience dining there was also a positive one.

To start with, We ordered a bottle of red-wine for the table (the second cheapest because we're all poor, yay!) and the Twice Baked Cheese Souffle. It was delicious! the texture was very fluffy and light, but the taste was super cheesy.

For my main I ordered the Sirloin steak with watercress salad and Kipfler potatoes as my side. I only started eating steak recently, I used to hate red-meat unless it was minced or super processed but in the past year I have dared to to try it more and have grown to love it. The steak was super tender and flavourful, very easy to cut. I always order/cook my steak medium-rare as I find it easier to eat. 

For dessert I ordered the creme brûlée with apple and donuts. It was delicious, the apple was a really nice palate cleanser which is perfect after eating a large meal. 

Saturday night I stayed in and played the Sims instead of doing homework. I love The Sims and have recently got back into playing it after not playing for a few years. I play The Sims 2 but I want to purchase The Sims 4 shortly. I bought The Sims 2 on the App Store in Apple and it came with majority of the extensions and cost under $40.00. I have realised that people either love The Sims or they just don't understand the appeal. I am in the former rather than the latter haha.

On Sunday night, I went to a friends house for dinner and drinks, and to say goodbye to my other friend who was back from London for a holiday and is now moving to Luxembourg.

To close with, here is a photo of my new shoes that arrived on Monday. I love them :)



No comments:

Post a Comment