Sunday 2 August 2015

Today Was an Alright Day



Today was Sunday. I went to Sayers Sister in Northbridge for brunch and to catch up with my friend who has returned to Perth for a holiday before she moves to Luxembourg after living in London for two years and two other close friends. Brunch is always a good idea, and I really liked Sayers Sister. I haven't been to either Sayers or Sayers Sister before, but I have heard great things so I was excited to try eat.

I ordered the Bean tagine which was delicious. I have been a fan of tagine's  ever since living in Vancouver where I used to go to a great Mediterranean restaurant called Medina. Their tagine was phenomenal!  The one I had today was different to the tagine I have previously eaten at Medina as it was less spicy and of course was bean based instead of tomato based. Personally, I prefer more spice. I like it with a bit of a kick!



After having brunch and catching up for a few hours three of us decided to go into the city and have a bit of a browse in the shops. We checked out the new furniture shops on Hay street; Pottery Barn and West Elm. I have previously been in these stores in Vancouver but I really liked the ones in Perth. I wanted to buy everything! I really love homewares and can't wait to buy my own apartment to furnish. What I love about these two stores is the mixture of classic and modern pieces. I normally am more of a fan of classic furniture (white wood, french style etc) but I love the clunkiness of some of the wood pieces, or a classic sofa with wooden legs for a modern finish.  Both stores are fairly expensive (more expensive than IKEA or Freedom) but I find the pieces tend to look to be of higher quality. 

After that we went and looked in Mecca for cosmetics. I didn't buy anything as I have already spent a lot of my pay but I did look at Sigma eyeliner which has been recommended to me, and some NARS products. I really like NARS for cosmetics. I already have used their Laguna bronzer, Orgasm Blush, and Olympia contour blush but I really want to buy their Illuminator.  I tried their illuminator in Copoacabana and I found a little really went a long way. It also lasted all day on my skin which is a huge plus. I really have been meaning to invest in a liquid illuminator as I prefer a dewy makeup finish and find it catches more light than a highlight powder.



After shopping I went home and cleaned my room. I'm not quite done yet but I am hoping to finish it properly (surfaces wiped etc). 


1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work




    Regards.


    coord set

    ReplyDelete