Monday 17 August 2015

My Netflix Recommendations

I am the queen of procrastination. I am week three into a new university semester and completing a literature review, therefore I am knee deep into some Netflix binge watching.

I first heard about Netflix when I lived in Vancouver, and it was a great solution as we didn't have television and at the time I was just working and not studying. Personally, I prefer netflix for series rather than movies but occasionally I do like to watch a movie on there.

1. John Mulaney- New in Town
Personally, I hated his TV series. I love love love love his stand up though! I was never a fan of stand-up comedy until one night when it was about 2am I couldn't sleep and had work the next day. Netflix gave me a five star recommendation so I thought I would watch it to try and fall asleep to it. I was laughing out loud the entire time, it's such a relatable dry, witty humour. I recommend this to all my family and friends.

2. Black Fish
This documentary is about the treatment of orca whales in captivity, SeaWorld in particular. This film highlights the important issue on whether it is ethical to keep them in captivity.

3. Law and Order SVU
Olivia Benson is my hero. 


4. Orange is the New Black
Amazing.

5.Skeleton Twins
I have a MASSIVE crush on Bill Hader. This movie is more of a serious film about struggling with identity and how to get your life back on track when you're unhappy and stuck in a pattern of self destruction. This movie will make you laugh and it will make you cry. The friendship and banter  between Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig's characters is amazing. especially during the singing scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment