Sunday 9 August 2015

Weekend Adventures



Yesterday I worked till one and then met some friends to see the documentary 'Amy', which is about Amy Winehouse at Luna SX in Fremantle. I like Amy Winehouse's music but I didn't really know much about her so it was really interesting to learn about her life. Some parts of the movie were very sad and confronting, but I personally found the documentary really well made and very eye-opening about Amy's battles with bulimia, alcohol and drugs. If you like documentaries and want to learn more about Amy Winehouse, or if you like to learn about the effects drugs and alcohol can have on people I recommend seeing it. It is also currently showing at Luna in Leederville.

After we saw the film, we went and got coffee and cheesecake at Exquise in Fremantle. It had great reviews so we decided to check it out, It is kind of hidden away in Fremantle, just off South Terrace near the fairy shop. I ordered New York cheesecake, I am the biggest cheesecake fan and definitely prefer it to normal cake because of how creamy and light it is.


I stayed in Saturday night as I am poor and pining for pay day and watched New Girl on Netflix. On Sunday morning I went to meet my friend at Jacobs Ladder to do some exercise. It was death. I am trying to get back into shape after having some time off exercise earlier this year. After Jacobs Ladder I went for a coastal walk. It was really nice to enjoy some sunshine after it being so rainy these past couple of days and great to get my body moving. 









No comments:

Post a Comment